I am planning to make popsicles for a while now and I kept pinning tons of yummi recipes on my Summer Pinterest Board – however summer never happened this summer. The Must have of the season is rather an umbrella than ice cream and I was more busy finding indoor solutions for this years garden parties, than making ice.
Nevertheless, since they just look so pretty and I find that you can and should have ice cream at any temperature, I finally ordered a popsicle form and proudly present today my first popsciles with grapefruit.
Basically what you need is just Grapefruit cut in a thin slice, remember to take of the skin and a bit of Grapefruit juice, I added a bit of water and a tiny bit of sugar to sweeten it a bit.
Some other things I learned when experimenting with my first popsicle ice creams
- Water expands when it freezes… I guess I had heard that one before…
- Carbonated lemonade does not freeze that prettily
- Put in the popsicle sticks a bit later when the mixture is already a bit slushy so they stand straight, otherwise it will be hard to get the lid of later on.
- Juices do taste somehow different when frozen so don’t hesitate to add a sip of water and don’t sweeten too much
- Frozen Mint leaves taste really good and are definetly going to be a part of my next recipe…